Once I finished installing webMethods IS v 6.5 on my machine, I was unable to start the server from the bin directory. The Black cmd prompt was as clueless as it is black!
And since the IS could not start up, no logs were written to the server.log file. However, I knew that I have another IS instance (v 7.1.2) on the same machine. Port conflict may be one of the issues that could have blocked the IS start up.
I verified this by starting the IS in safemode:
2014-07-07 17:05:51 GMT [ISS.0070.0013D] Failed to start listener HTTPListener@5555. The following error was encountered: [ISS.0070.9009] Error starting to listen: Address already in use: NET_Bind
webMethods Installer does not have an option of installing IS on port other than 5555. So, we are left with tweaking the listeners.cnf. The listeners.cnf file can be found at WmRoot\config.
I changed the Port from 5555 to 6555 as shown in the file and saved the file:
<number name="port" type="Integer">6555</number>
This time on starting the IS, it came up and IS Admin page could be opened on Port 6555:
And since the IS could not start up, no logs were written to the server.log file. However, I knew that I have another IS instance (v 7.1.2) on the same machine. Port conflict may be one of the issues that could have blocked the IS start up.
I verified this by starting the IS in safemode:
2014-07-07 17:05:51 GMT [ISS.0070.0013D] Failed to start listener HTTPListener@5555. The following error was encountered: [ISS.0070.9009] Error starting to listen: Address already in use: NET_Bind
webMethods Installer does not have an option of installing IS on port other than 5555. So, we are left with tweaking the listeners.cnf. The listeners.cnf file can be found at WmRoot\config.
I changed the Port from 5555 to 6555 as shown in the file and saved the file:
<number name="port" type="Integer">6555</number>
This time on starting the IS, it came up and IS Admin page could be opened on Port 6555:
No comments:
Post a Comment